"And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
- Mathew 22:37-40 ESV
The purpose of this church is to fulfill the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) and Great Commandment (Matt. 22:37-40) of Jesus Christ. It shall do so through the worship of God, the sharing of the gospel with all peoples, the instruction and edification of Christians, the expression of the Christian faith through varied means and the expression of biblical social concern for those in need.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
In essentials unity, in non-essentials charity, and in all things Jesus Christ.
Lummi Island is a tiny island in the San Juans. Just 17 miles of road, a mini mart, a Cafe', an Inn, and an elementary school. Everyone knows everyone. All it takes to get here is a short six minute ferry ride.
The Church affirms the following as its essential beliefs:
1. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in his sinless life, in His miracles, in vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe for the salvation of lost and sinful people, “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
5. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells Christians and enables them to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the saved into eternal life and the resurrection of the lost to eternal separation from God.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
ABOUT THE IMMER FAMILY
After fourteen years of serving as the Youth Pastor at Machias Community Church, Chris and Tammy moved to Lummi Island to serve as pastor at Island Chapel. Since August 2007, they have grown strong roots in our little community.
First and foremost, Chris enjoys talking about Jesus. He loves to study and talk Theology. He also likes to use activities such as “Wheelin”, Scuba Diving, Welding/Fabrication, Skiing, Boating, Mountain Biking, and Camping as a means to get involved with people. His heart’s desire is to “equip the saints to do the work of the ministry” and “Preach and teach the word”.
Tam is the glue that keeps things togther here in the Immer family. Working at Beach shool, teaching childrens church, cooking for camps and youth group, making Lummi Island chocolates, planning events and being a full time mom are just some of the things she does on the daily.
Eric is a soldier in the U.S. Army and is one of the most service minded individuals you could ever meet. He married the beautiful Samantha in 2018.
Emily works at beach school and cleans rentals on the island. She is also a volunteer for youth events and a counselor for our camps.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Mathew 28:19-20 ESV